…the ways God’s story and our story are deeply intertwined.
- God is wonderfully creative. Am I?
- What’s in the Bible’s story for me?
- How do visual images amplify my experience in worship?
Be a part of this!
- Come on Thursdays at 7pm to our Liturgical Arts Group
- Come on Sundays at 9:30 to explore the Bible’s story
- Come on special Sundays after worship to our Lunch & Learn Events
Special Arts Events: Engaging our Imagination
- Sunday, September 15th after church in Fellowship Hall; 12:00 – 2:00pm, “Seeing the Story: Gazing as a Spiritual Practice” with Victoria Emily Jones
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 – Fellowship Hall; 9:00 – 5:30pm, “Creativity and Divine Surprise” with Karla Kincannon (Sunday, February 9 – Karla Kincannon preaching)
- Sunday, May 17, 2020 – offsite lunch at park TBD, “Liturgical Media Art” with Eileen Crowley
Liturgical Arts Group: Engaging Our Senses
ALL ARE WELCOME to join this adult conversation and hands-on expression of our faith. We will meet weekly beginning Thursday, August 15, at 7pm in the Studio Classroom (the large classroom next to the Library). The group gathers to create, enhance, and extend visual arts elements for worship in our church and in our community. Contact Ellen Gadberry, LAG leader and Grant Project Director, at [email protected], with your creative questions, ideas, and RSVPs!
Artistry of the Bible: Engaging God’s Story
The Bible is weird. It’s filled with quirky characters, and a lot of strange things happen. The Bible is also a big deal. But why? As part of our God’s Creative Story project, we will explore this inspiring, sometimes baffling, and often controversial book, using a variety of media and approaches. In our time together we will learn more about its amazing artistry, what’s in it, where it comes from, and the ways it influences our culture and our personal lives. Learn more: Artistry of the Bible
Sunday mornings 9:30-10:30 am in the Studio Classroom (large classroom next to the Library).