COVID-19 is a critical public health crisis. North Decatur Presbyterian Church’s leadership believes that if we follow the advice of public health professionals, modify our behavior, and care for each other as best we can, we can keep one another safe and reduce the damaging effects of the virus.
As you and your family and friends consider whether to participate in in-person activities at NDPC, here are the main points of NDPC’s COVID-19 policy that you need to know:
- We suggest that everyone who meets the age requirement be vaccinated. If you are age twelve or over and are not vaccinated, we advise against participating in any in-person church activities at this time.
- Masks (fully covering the nose and mouth) and social distancing are required at all times for every person 2 years of age and older while on the NDPC property, both inside and outside (with limited exceptions for worship leaders).
- All indoor gatherings (including worship) must take place with open windows/doors in well-ventilated spaces.
- While we continue to serve monthly communion (using pre-divided bread and individual-use cups), we ask that everyone refrain from eating or drinking while indoors.
- All preschool and children’s gatherings will be held outside, or, in case of rain, in well-ventilated indoor spaces.
- All Sunday school teachers and youth leaders are required to be vaccinated.
- All of NDPC’s employees and 1099 workers are required to be vaccinated by October 15.
- In cases of known exposure to COVID-19 on church grounds, all close contacts will be notified as soon as possible.
We know that vaccines, masks, and distancing work to limit the spread of COVID and to reduce its symptoms when contracted. We believe that we can continue to meet and share faith and fellowship IF we remain committed to one another’s health and safety at all times.