Everyone is invited to participate in worship and community-strengthening activities at NDPC during this Advent and Christmas season.
Here’s a brief look at the schedule. More details will be available about these events in the days to come.
Sunday, November 26th, 9:45-10:45AM: Advent Festival; gather in the Fellowship Hall to make Advent wreaths, write cards, and decorate the church.
Saturday, December 2nd, 10AM – 3PM: Alternative Gift Market; do all of your Christmas shopping in one place, with fair trade crafts and gifts that support local nonprofits.
Sunday, December 3rd, 8:45 & 11AM: Advent Worship; Christmas in the 4 Gospels: Matthew
Sunday, December 10th, 8:45 & 11AM: Advent Worship; Christmas in the 4 Gospels: Luke
- 9:45AM: Children of Bethlehem photography exhibit; Adult Formation conversation with photographer Rev. Katie Archibald-Woodward
Sunday, December 10th, 3PM: Christmas Concert with the NDPC Community Choir and the Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra; the community is invited for an afternoon of holiday music; admission is free, a goodwill offering will be received
Sunday, December 17th, 8:45 & 11AM: Advent Worship; Christmas in the 4 Gospels: Mark; NDPC’s children will present a humorous play in worship asking the question: “why doesn’t Mark tell about Jesus’ birth?” Children’s Choir sings in worship.
- 9:45AM: The Music of Advent, Adult Formation conversation with the Rev. Rick Neale
Sunday, December 17th, 5PM: Longest Night service; an annual reflective worship service that creates a place for the feelings of grief, loss, and lament that many of us experience during the holidays
Sunday, December 24th: Christmas Eve worship
- At 11AM and 7PM, join us for Christmas Eve worship; the service is a modified lessons and carols service, with a brief sermon and Communion
- At 5PM, our Christmas Eve children’s worship is a briefer (~45 minute) service featuring a child-centered telling of the Christmas story; while the service is designed with young children in mind, all are welcome
- There is no 8:45AM worship or 9:45 Education Hour on December 24th.
Sunday, December 31st, 11AM: Worship; one worship service on Dec. 31st (no 8:45AM worship or Education Hour)