Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
(2 Corinthians 9:7)
Why give to NDPC?
Listen to what some of our members have to say:
How Much Should I Give?
Giving comes from the heart and prayer is essential for determining what to give.
This is no small question, and there is no one answer. Biblical tithing is to give 10% of what we have; however, not everyone can give at that level at all times of their lives.
A suggestion is to think of what you have, then what you want to give, save, and spend in that order.
How do those categories align with the values you have and the life you want to live as a Christian? If you currently give 4%, can you raise it to 5%, or 6% next year?
Stewardship should be intentional but will be variable as your life and circumstances change. Give what you can joyfully and thankfully.
What and How Can I Give
Take time to discern and discuss with family, the pastors, or elders. Below is a guide as you discern.
There are many ways to give back to God what God has so freely given you.
Pledge – a pledge is a covenant (or promise) with God to provide financial support to the church. To fulfill your pledge, you can make a one-time payment or set up recurring payments on our Realm online system (the church incurs fewer fees if you link to your checking/savings account versus paying with a credit card).
Give by Mail – You can also send a check to NDPC’s office at 611 Medlock Rd, Decatur, GA 30033
Gifts – to make a cash donation, you can do so through Realm, PayPal, or send a check to the church. You may also donate gifts of appreciated securities, such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Contact our Finance Chair at [email protected] for more information on donating securities.
Continue the work of the church through your legacy.
At the end of your life, your final pledge may be one of the most significant gifts you make, as a way to advance the work of the church through your legacy. How much should you leave? One rule of thumb is to double your annual pledge and add a zero (e.g. if you currently give $5,000 a year, you may consider leaving $100,000 to the church)
This can be done through:
- Naming NDPC in your will – just as you would for your family members or other non-profits
- Naming NDPC on a life insurance policy – either as a contingency for a current policy or as a beneficiary of a new policy
- Designating NDPC as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts, such as an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 403(b), 401(k).
- Providing for NDPC through a Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust. Talk with a qualified financial advisor to see if these may make sense for you and your financial situation.
Give Your Time and Talent
God has equipped each of us with unique talents and passions to spread God’s light and love. Where can you give of yourself for God’s world and our church community? What makes you feel the Holy Spirit flowing through and around you? Where are others in need and you feel called to serve? There are many ways to give of your time and talents. Click here to sign up to volunteer where you feel called.
Where are your gifts used?
Make a Donation With Realm
To pledge now: email [email protected] with your total pledge or pledge through Realm, NDPC’s member website. Your pledge will be held in confidence by Jack, our designated pledge-keeper.
- Log in to Realm
- Choose “Giving” in left-hand column
- Choose +Pledge (2nd tab)
- Consider your total pledge for 2022 and how often you hope to give, then divide the total from the frequency.
- Enter the amount of each offering you hope to give and the frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
- On your own, set reminders for yourself to give at this regularity. Consider a family practice of praying over your monthly check to invite God’s grace to bless your intention and God’s will to use it to build up God’s community and creation. Choose a prayer after the offering from our bulletin to use or find one online (here)
- Log in to Realm and check on your contributions to keep up with your giving. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed or confused by how much you have given.
Enter Your Time and Talent In Realm
- Log in to Realm
- Open your profile
- Locate your name at the top right-hand side of the screen
- Click the drop-down symbol
- Choose My Profile
2. Edit Your Profile
- Edit your profile
- Click the Edit Profile rectangle
- Click the Personal Information tab under your name
- In the Basics section, locate Interests
- Scroll through the list and select the items that match your interests
- When you are finished, click anywhere in the blank area on the right to close the menu.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Savedit