Join us to celebrate Advent and Christmas at North Decatur Presbyterian Church.
All events are free and first-time visitors are always welcome. Please contact the church office, email@example.com, with questions about specific events.
- Sunday, December 15th (11am): Advent Worship; Rev. Lewicki, preaching (Sanctuary)
- Sunday, December 15th (7pm): Christmas Lovefeast in the Moravian tradition (Sanctuary)
- Sunday, December 22nd (11am): Advent Worship; Rev. Lewicki, preaching (Sanctuary)
- Tuesday, December 24th (5pm): Christmas Eve Worship; a family and child-friendly service of lessons and carols (Sanctuary)
- Tuesday, December 24th (5pm): Christmas Eve Worship with Communion (Sanctuary)
- Sunday, December 29th (11am): Christmas Worship; Rev. Lewicki, preaching
- Sunday, January 5th (11am): Worship; Feast of the Epiphany; a service of music and poetry with Communion (Sanctuary)
This Sunday (12/1) begins Advent, the season of preparation for Christmas. We hope you’ll be with us for the whole season.
On Sunday, December 1st, gather with us at 9:30am for our Advent Festival. It is a memorable intergenerational (ie, all ages) event, with some really beautiful crafts to make for your own home or to share with those you love.
In worship, we begin a month-long exploration of the role of your body in your faith. Too often, Christianity is conceived of as a tradition of “beliefs” – fairy-airy ideas that live in your head. Christianity is a way of life that is primarily about bodies and what they do for each other. Jesus is God-in-a-body. That’s what “incarnation” means.
Consider purchasing a copy of NDPC Intern Melissa Tidwell’s extraordinary book of Advent meditations, Embodied Light. It is available locally at Charis or through Amazon (paper or Kindle versions).
See you on Sunday!
This Sunday we worship together at North Decatur Presbyterian Church.
It is the “last Sunday of the year” in the church calendar. We will celebrate by telling the story of what holds us together.
First-time visitors are always welcome. See you Sunday!
- 9:30am: Christian Education for all ages. If you are bringing kids, come a few minutes early to meet the teachers and get to know how our children’s and youth programs work. For adults, 3 different classes (all ages Bible study; faith and current events; and a course exploring the music of the church) are taking place this Sunday, and visitors are always welcome at each class. Nursery care is available throughout the morning.
- 10:30am: Coffee and gettin’ to know each other. Come to the Fellowship Hall for a cup of fair-trade coffee and a treat and meet members of the congregation.
- 11am: Worship in the Sanctuary. Rev. Lewicki will be preaching on Colossians 1:15-20.